3,198,980 gallons of Clean Drinking Water!
The year 2015 was a great year for Living Water World Missions.
We started 2015 with several goals in mind;
1. Install a minimum of 12 clean drinking water filtration systems in Guatemala.
2. Revisit sites in Guatemala where we had previously installed clean drinking water filtration systems to encourage and strengthen existing relationships.
3. In conjunction with #2 above, plan and organize an Operators Conference in Guatemala to include reestablishing relationships, refresh training in proper system operations, refresh training in on-going community education, and provide instruction in building a business plan that would lead to self-sufficiency.
4. Hire an additional employee in Guatemala to assist the Installation Teams in providing, in-country, community based education.
With those goals in mind we looked forward to the new year with great anticipation, and I am pleased to report that each of those goals were achieved.
In 2015 we completed 14 new installations in Guatemala during the months of January (1), February (2), March (2) April (1), May (1), June (2), July (1), August (1), October (2) and November (1). These installations were each completed at Compassion International Program Sites, in partnership with both Compassion International (in Guatemala) and the local churches where the sites are located. We now have forty(40) operating clean water systems in Guatemala, twenty (20) of which are located in Compassion International Program sites.
We also established a new partnership with the Church of God in Cuba, and completed our first installation at their main church in Santiago Cuba in the month of November.
In addition to leading teams to Guatemala each month:
This year we initiated a new program of providing a matching number of 5 gallon bottles (up to 100) to each of our Operating Partners in Guatemala, so as to help our Partners distribute clean drinking water to the members of their communities. As has been the practice of the past, the clean water is still provided free-of-charge to the families of the Compassion Program Participants, who are among the poorest in their communities.
All of our Operating Partners use the clean water as a tool to evangelize their communities, and invite those who receive the water to also experience the Living Water, (Jesus Christ) who is indeed the “Medicine for Life”.
In January we hired our second full-time In-Country Coordinator in Guatemala, to assist with “in-country” team management and the teaching the community based education programs that are a part of every successful installation. Additionally, in April we hired a part-time Administrative Assistant in California to manage all of the team applications we receive and all team correspondence.
In June we assisted Living Waters for the World in setting up their training program called “Clean Water U” which is located at
Calvin Crest Camp in Oakhurst California. At CWU, persons from throughout the United States are taught the principals of Project Management, Clean Water System Construction, and Community Education.
Our Board Members have served as instructors at CWU since its inception. We brought our newest employee from Guatemala to attend training in community-based education so as to further develop
In December we sent several Board Members to Guatemala to assist our staff in conducting our second annual Operators Conference. Over 100 people attended the Conference where best practices were shared and updated information was provided to our system operators. At the conclusion of the conference the Board Members made visits to most of our original partners, and performed a number of site surveys with prospective partners.
In 2015 we had 135 people join our teams, coming from 25 different Churches in California, Washington, Arizona, Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, Mississippi, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida.
SUMMARY of our 2015 Partners
Churches (In Guatemala)
Compassion Program Sites:
Aldea Camojá Grande, La Democracia, Huehuetenango
La Democracia, Huehuetenango
Aldea El Sitio, Catarina, San Marcos
Aldea Nuevo San Antonio, Malacatán, San Marcos
Aldea San José, San Francisco Zapotitlán, Suchitepéquez
La Esperanza, Quetzaltenango
Camojallito, La Democracia, Huehuetenango
Aldea La Mesilla, La Democracia, Huehuetenango
Caserío La Independencia, Catarina, San Marcos
Churches (In Cuba)
15. La Iglesia de Dios del Evangelio Completo
Total number of gallons of Clean Drinking Water produced:
(From January, 2008, through January, 2016)
Total Number of five gallon bottles produced through January 2016:
639,796 bottles, or about
29,500 bottles per month
Total Economic Value of water produced*
@ 7.6 Quetzals per five gallons = Q 4,862,449.60
(1.3 million US dollars)
* Pete Emerson and Gloria Blanco developed the Economic Value of Clean Drinking Water Calculator used.
Total Number of Compassion Program Children who now receive clean water:
Approximate number of families who now receive Clean Drinking Water:
We have set a goal of completing at least 12 installations in 2016, and with your help, that goal can be achieved.
In order to effectively accomplish our mission you can help us in the following ways:
1. We need people willing to support us in prayer. We believe that, who we are, and what we plan to do is the result of God's goodness, and we will not take that for granted.
2. We need people willing to go on installation trips. The approximate cost of each trip is $1,200.00, which includes airfare, lodging, food, and in-country transportation. These costs are borne by the participant. There are no particular skills needed to participate on a trip except a willing and service-oriented heart, and the ability to follow simple directions.
3. We need your financial support. To be able to complete 12 installations this year we will need to raise $42,000.00
The systems we install cost approximately $3,500 each. This amount provides for:
4. We need community support in helping us advertise and promote this mission. Our community is rich with human resources and we need and desire your support.
Working together, we can do something about that, and be the Body of Christ in this hurting world at this time.
Thank you for all that you have done,
are doing, and will do,
to make this ministry possible.
Living Water World Missions
P. O. Box 7509
VISALIA CA 93290
Phone: +1 559 732-8334
Or use credit cards via PayPal
(no PayPal account needed)
Annual Appreciation Banquet
October 19, 2018
Dates for 2018
IDEC Agape in Barrio La Candelaria, San Benito, Petén, Guatemala
Iglesia Evangélica Centroamericana Jesus La Única Esperanza in Jacaltenango, Huehuetenango, Guatemala
Iglesia Evangélica Bet-el in Aldea Horcones, Santa Catarina Mita, Jutiapa, Guatemala
Iglesia CA La Hermosa in Nicá Village, Catarina, Malacatan, San Marcos, Guatemala
Iglesia Evangélica CA Jesus la Vid Verdadera in Nueva Colonia, Malacatán, San Marcos, Guatemala
LIKE us on Facebook